Set your nutrition plans up for success! Having an accurate RMR measurement is crucial for any effective calorie-based diet planning, enabling you to set calorie targets that are specific to your body’s needs.
Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
The RMR test is a simple, non-invasive test that accurately measures how many calories you burn at rest. During the test, the machine captures and analyzes the composition of your breath, determining your oxygen consumption, to measure the rate at which you consume energy.
The RMR test is more accurate than all formula-based RMR estimates.
Why get an RMR test?
An RMR test answers the question, “How much should you eat?” Your RMR is your body’s baseline caloric requirement. Knowing your RMR enables you to:
- Set accurate individualized calorie targets to help you lose, gain, or maintain your weight
- Verify if a training or nutrition program has increased or decreased your metabolism
- Compare the speed of your metabolism to others of your gender, age, height and weight
- Make an appointment.
- Refrain from exercising for at least 8 hours before the test. Additionally, refrain from eating for at least 4 hours, and using caffeine or nicotine for at least 6 hours before the test.
- Sit back and relax for about 15-20 minutes. You’ll be breathing into a comfortable face mask, which will collect your exhaled air and analyze it. Afterwards, you’ll receive your results immediately.
- A coach will sit with you for another 10 minutes to review your results and answer questions.
Single Test: $75